Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When night falls and those I love saunter off to their given nests a damp cool loneliness settles upon my stubborn heart. My mind wanders to imaginings of where you might be. Perhaps lying in our hammock, nestled between two trees... or in some far off fantastical village amongst pretty girls dressed in leather rags. I wander about this house, tapping surfaces for comfort or curled in a black beasts arms, hands gripping felled trees, searching for you between the pages and lines I turn with hurried speed. Sleep provides no refuge, only subconscious fear and hope brought to light, secrets I've hidden from my very own eyes. Settling between two cool sheets, eyes wide against a blackened night, searching for a picture of your face. Funny how quickly the details fade or rather, are only conjured individually. A brow, brown eye, dark hair, soft smile. Then, rushing quickly, you in your entirety lay beside me and I sleep, knowing it's all been nothing but a bad dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by Kimberly Dill is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at bleudaimonia.blogspot.com.