Friday, June 18, 2010

I've returned to San Antonio! As if that's an exciting announcement, for this city lacks much to do aside from drinking yourself silly. I can't say that's something that lies at the top of my list of priorities. Sweet River Farm was definitely a unique experience and I've learned quite a bit about myself and about the earth. I lived in a house with 8 other people, three of which were involved in a polyamorous relationship (which I'd never personally encountered before) that stirred many fights and social tension. Another of the 8 was a multiple PhD. from Botswana named Jelta. Jelta was one of the more interesting characters and Ommar and I spent much time trying to "figure him out". I've never seen one do so much in such short amounts of time, the guy was constantly learning something new via audiobook, online course, article or book. He functioned at a speed of 90 mph! I won't begin to analyze him mentally on this blog though I shall say, it was curious and he'd make an excellent protagonist in a novel. I'll also write more about my farm experience later.

Following our little internship on the farm, Ommar and I hitchhiked for two weeks down the north coast of California. It was a brilliant experience though quite difficult at times, and I've renewed a bit of faith in the goodness of humanity. We met so many who were terribly kind to us, 90% of which were marijuana farmers. (haha) We survived off of bread and peanut butter for the better half of our trip and grew closer in many many ways. Ommar is still in California with Ryan, Devon and Andrew as they hike through the Shasta range for a month. Oh, I miss him terribly and I'm terribly tired of missing him! I'd rather us not part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work by Kimberly Dill is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at bleudaimonia.blogspot.com.